Current Job Opportunities
Primary duties include accounts payable (AP), data input, verify incoming payments and donations, and providing support to the CFO. Will serve as backup for phone support and payroll.
Skills and Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge of financial principles and accounting terminology
- Experience working in a non-profit organization or association preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office applications and web-based programs
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon), Dynamics GP (Great Plains), or Sage
Competencies and Personal Qualities
- Able to work independently, prioritize projects, and manage time efficiently.
- Willingness to be part of a team where collaboration is essential to our success.
- Well-developed problem solving and organizational skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects, tasks and deadlines with ease and at the same time be flexible and adapt to changing work priorities.
- Detail oriented– You have a natural ability for noting inconsistencies or pinpointing errors in documents, especially with numbers.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- A passion for the mission and programs of Population Connection.
Benefits include comprehensive medical benefits, generous annual and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, 401(K) plan with up to 6% match, and subsidized Smart Benefits.
Our standard work hours are 9 am to 5 pm, with a half hour lunch (37.5 hours/week).
Work in a collegial and supportive environment, 3 blocks from Farragut North and Foggy Bottom Metro. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Accounting Assistant in subject line.
No agencies and no phone calls please. Population Connection is an equal opportunity employer.
Population Connection offers fellowships in Washington, D.C. for recent college graduates and graduate students with a special interest in population issues. Each fellow has a responsible role working with a specific department and becomes an essential part of that department’s staff.
Email cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample (1-3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowships are full-time. Compensation is $1,650 (before taxes), paid every two weeks. Fellows earn three hours of annual leave and seven hours of sick leave per pay period. Full medical and dental insurance coverage is offered to fellows who are permanent residents or citizens of the United States.