Membership Services Assistant
Population Connection is seeking an individual with experience providing exceptional customer service to join the Membership Services Department at its headquarters in Washington DC. This department is responsible for all member services activities, including processing donations and annual membership dues.
Primary responsibilities involve processing a high-volume of data entry, administrative support for membership retention, service, and acquisition; and database management of member services requests via mail, email, telephone customer service and performing a variety of other administrative tasks.
- Strong experience in a member or client services capacity or environment and high volume data entry/database management experience.
- Experience working in a membership services organization/division of a non-profit organization or association is highly preferred.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to communicate with individuals in person, on the phone and via email.
- Well-developed problem solving and organizational skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects, tasks and deadlines with ease and at the same time be flexible and adapt to changing work priorities.
- Excellent follow-up skills and ability to accurately and quickly proof work product.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office applications and web-based programs are required.
- Candidate with database experience (Money Maker in particular) will be giving first consideration.
- Minimum AA degree.
- Typing speed between 55 and 80 words per minute
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position in our Washington, DC office. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
Compensation & Benefits:
Benefits: Health, dental, Life insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer match, holiday pay, generous sick pay and annual leave.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume (letter may be included in the body of the email) to Jessica Duarte, Director of Membership Services at email@example.com Please reference “Membership Service Assistant” in your subject line.No calls please.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Employment offers are contingent upon a clear background check.
Population Connection offers fellowships in Washington, D.C. for recent college graduates and graduate students with a special interest in population issues. Each fellow has a responsible role working with a specific department and becomes an essential part of that department’s staff.
Email cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample (1-3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowships are full-time. Compensation is $1,650 (before taxes), paid every two weeks. Fellows earn 3 hours of annual leave and 7 hours of sick leave per pay period. Full medical and dental insurance coverage is offered to fellows who are permanent residents or citizens of the United States.