Making a gift of stock may offer some unique tax benefits to you, including:
- The entire value of the gift (including appreciated value) is tax-deductible.
- You are under no obligation to pay capital gains taxes on any appreciation.
- You can opt to give stock, bonds, or mutual funds.
Please be advised that this does not constitute financial advice—your broker and/or financial advisor will be able to help you determine which benefits might apply to your specific financial situation.
Note: Gifts of stock that are transferred directly into our brokerage account at Oppenheimer contain no donor information. In order for us to properly acknowledge your gift, it is very important that we receive the following information ahead of the transfer:
- Donor name, phone number, and address
- Type and number of shares
- Anticipated transfer date
To contact our broker directly:
Rosenmayer/Iglow Group of Oppenheimer and Co, Inc.
10880 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 2400
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Account Name: Population Connection
Account #: G581476202
Our Tax ID # (or EIN): 94-1703155
For more information, answers to questions, or to notify us of a stock transfer over the phone, please contact Jennifer Lynaugh, Director of Individual Giving at 202-974-7710 or email@example.com. You can also fill out and mail the stock transfer notification form found here.
Or, if you’d prefer to notify us via this website, please feel free to submit the form below.