Host a Guest Speaker
We’d Love to Speak to Your Class or Group!
The connections between population growth, health, development, and the environment are complex and can be difficult to articulate if you don’t spend all day, every day, working on them like we do! We’d love to provide a guest speaker for your class, organizational meeting, or special event to help explain these connections and how they’re part of a broader human rights and sustainable development global agenda. As an integral part of our outreach strategy, our trained speakers seek to engage college-level students, Population Connection members and their networks, and progressive activists in thinking about human population dynamics through lively, thought-provoking presentations focused on causes and impacts as well as solutions to global population challenges.
While themes may vary in response to requests, general presentations include discussion of:
- Root causes of global population growth
- Links between population growth, poor health outcomes, poverty, marginalization, and environmental destruction
- Impacts of U.S. policies such as the Global Gag Rule and the Helms Amendment and the importance of the U.S. contributing to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- Family planning as a mitigation and adaptation strategy for climate change (see our special program for professors teaching these links!)
- Importance of universal access to safe, effective, voluntary modern contraception
Because this type of outreach is central to our nonprofit mission, presentations may be arranged free of change. Please note a few requirements:
- Attendance must be equal to or above 30 (this requirement may be waived for virtual presentations).
- Audience should be prepared to hear arguments in favor of the U.S. fully funding international and domestic family planning programs and services; talks may also include discussion of safe vs. unsafe abortion and the repercussions of the latter.
- Population Connection has offices in Washington D.C. and San Diego, CA. The ability to book a specific speaker may be subject to their respective location. Classes or groups that are local to Washington D.C. may arrange for a presentation in our D.C. office (currently closed due to COVID-19).
Ready to invite a speaker? Review the available speaker bios below and fill in the request form. You will be contacted by a Population Connection representative who will further assist you with planning and logistics.
Invite a Population Connection Speaker to your Next Event
We Are Population Connection
Since 1968, Population Connection (formerly Zero Population Growth or ZPG) has been America's voice for population stabilization—we are the largest grassroots population organization in the United States! As a 501(c)(3) charity, all donations made to us are tax-deductible.
Already a member? Renew today!
Your tax-deductible membership dues help us advocate for universal access to birth control, educate tomorrow’s leaders about global population challenges, and mobilize Americans who care about stabilizing population. Your on-going support is vital to our continued success!
Join our Email Action Network to hear about important legislative developments, constituent calls to action, and events in your area!
© Population Connection 2021. 2120 L St NW, Suite 500 Washington, D.C. 20037