Host a Guest Speaker
We’d Love to Speak to Your Class or Group!
The links between global population growth, access to healthcare, and environmental sustainability are complex and can be tricky. Population Connection invites you to host a guest speaker for your class, organizational meeting, or special event to help explain population and environment studies from a human rights perspective. As an integral part of our outreach strategy, our trained speakers seek to engage college-level students and activists in thinking about population through lively, thought-provoking presentations focused on causes and impacts as well as solutions to global environmental and social stability challenges.
While themes may vary in response to requests, general presentations include discussion of:
- Root causes of global population growth
- Links between poverty, marginalization, population, and the environment
- Impacts of U.S. policies such as the expanded Global Gag Rule
- Family Planning as a mitigation and adaptation strategy for climate change
- Importance of universally recognizing family planning as a human right
Because this type of outreach is central to our nonprofit mission, presentations may be arranged free of change. Please note a few requirements:
- Attendance must be equal to or above 30
- Audience should be prepared to hear arguments in favor of international and domestic family planning services
- Population Connection has offices in Washington, D.C. and San Diego, CA. The ability to book a specific speaker may be subject to their respective location. **Classes or groups who are local to Washington, D.C. may arrange for a presentation in our D.C. office.
Ready to Invite a Speaker? Review the available speaker bios below and fill in the request form. You will be contacted by a Population Connection representative who will further assist you with planning and logistics.
Invite a Population Connection Speaker to your Next Event
We Are Population Connection
Since 1968, Population Connection (formerly Zero Population Growth or ZPG) has been America's voice for population stabilization—we are the largest grassroots population organization in the United States! As a 501(c)(3) charity, all donations made to us are tax-deductible.
Already a member? Renew today!
Your tax-deductible membership dues help us advocate for universal access to birth control, educate tomorrow’s leaders about global population challenges, and mobilize Americans who care about stabilizing population. Your on-going support is vital to our continued success!
Join our Email Action Network to hear about important legislative developments, constituent calls to action, and events in your area!
© Population Connection 2019. 2120 L St NW, Suite 500 Washington, D.C. 20037