Population Connection is grateful for all donations from donor-advised funds and we will work with you to make the giving process simple and efficient.
To give to Population Connection through your donor-advised fund, please provide your fund manager with the following:
Legal Name: Population Connection
If you have a donor-advised fund with a large provider, you may be able to request a distribution to Population Connection through the DAF Direct form below:
For more information on how an existing donor-advised fund may be leveraged for current and legacy giving opportunities, please contact Shauna Scherer, VP for Marketing and Development at (202) 974-7730 or email@example.com.
Understanding Donor Advised Funds
What is a donor-advised fund?
A donor-advised fund (DAF) provides donors with a centralized charitable giving vehicle. It allows philanthropically inclined individuals, families, and corporations to make an irrevocable charitable gift to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program and take an immediate tax deduction. Gifts accepted include cash equivalents, securities, and certain other assets.
How does it work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free).
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice, such as Population Connection.
Main advantages of a donor-advised fund
- Simplicity—The DAF sponsor handles all record keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility—Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax efficiency—Contributions are tax-deductible, and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support several charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy—A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up costs—There is no cost to establish a donor-advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more).*
- No transaction fees—Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.*
- Privacy if desired—Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
* Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by the charity that sponsors a DAF program.