In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic and WHO and CDC recommendations, we made the decision to cancel this year’s Capitol Hill Days conference. The health and safety of staff, speakers, and participants is always our utmost priority.
However, the fight for access to reproductive health care is not going away. Every day, we see consistent attacks on reproductive rights, even during this COVID-19 outbreak. Now, more than ever, we need everyone to advocate for health and rights for people around the world.
That’s why we’re taking the fight for health, empowerment, and rights online during our CHD Digital Weekend, in partnership with our sister organization, Population Connection Action Fund. If you’re interested in participating, pledge to take action now during our CHD Digital Weekend here. From March 27-30, we’ll email you ways you can make your voice heard on Capitol Hill, elevate the #Fight4HER online, and learn from reproductive health and progressive organizing experts. We hope you’ll join us in taking action from home this weekend!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, March 27
12:00 pm ET: Join our CHD Kickoff Call to learn about all of the actions we’ll be taking over the course of the weekend. This is also an opportunity to ask questions about any of the planned activities. The call-in number will be provided to you when you pledge to join us.
3:00 pm ET: The #Fight4HER Twitter Rally begins. To participate, log on to Twitter and follow the rally by searching for #Fight4HER. Help amplify the message by posting your own tweets and videos about why you care about reproductive rights and health around the world. Make sure to include #Fight4HER!
Saturday, March 28 & Sunday, March 29
The Chilling Effect: How the U.S. exports its anti-choice agenda
- Melvine Ouyo, #Fight4HER Advocate
- Dickson Okong’o, Executive Director, STRETCHERS
- Samantha Luffy, Policy Research Associate, CHANGE
- Mark Hathaway MD, MPH, Family Planning and Reproductive Health Technical Advisor, MCSP/Jhpiego (and Population Connection board member)
Reproductive Justice in Global Contexts
- Dr. Tlaleng Mofokeng, MBChB, Medical Doctor, Author, South Africa Commissioner for Gender Equality, and SRHR Expert
- Clarety Kaseke, Founder, Awake Mwanasikana
- Eleanor Unsworth, Program Director, WINGS Guatemala
- Michelle Dubon Estrada, Medical Director, WINGS Guatemala
- Khadija Khan, International & Muslim Youth Advocacy Manager, Advocates for Youth
Building Progressive Power Across Movements
- Prabh Virk, Organizing Director, #Fight4HER
- Camille Martin, Partnerships Associate, Voto Latino
- Edwith Theogene, Organizing Director, Generation Progress
The Politics of International Family Planning
- Stacie Murphy, Director of Congressional Relations, Population Connection and Population Connection Action Fund
Monday, March 30
Today is Digital Lobby Day! Call, email, and @ your legislators to demand that they take action to advance access to reproductive health care around the world. Details will be forthcoming over email once you’ve pledged to join in.