Population Connection seeks a Marketing Coordinator to join their San Diego office. The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing and aid in the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns. The Marketing Coordinator will oversee scheduling and participate in all stages of campaign planning, development, and execution. The Marketing Coordinator will work directly with vendors to communicate production needs and ensure campaign objectives and deadlines are met. Candidate must be detail-oriented, have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and possess the necessary skills to coordinate, prepare, review, and execute print marketing campaigns. Consistent quality control is essential. A dedication to advocating for women’s reproductive health and rights, and environmental protection is a must!
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing and Vice President of Marketing & Development to develop and implement direct mail marketing programs.
- Coordinate campaign production
- Maintain schedules and calendars with accurate dates. Ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage all aspects of print production, including preparing and reviewing quotes, vendor selection, reviewing laser approvals, and day-to-day printer communication.
- Manage vendor communications.
- Distribute and edit marketing reports.
- Invoice processing and budget tracking.
- Participate in direct mail/digital integration.
- Other special projects and tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2+ years of experience in marketing or project management.
- Experience creating printed marketing materials.
- Understanding of printing techniques and print production strongly preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Superb interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- An ability to take personal initiative and work independently as well as to collaborate with management.
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel (advanced level). Experience with CRM databases and project management software a plus.
- Non-profit experience a plus, but not required
Population Connection will provide a salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include a generous annual leave plan, paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short-term disability, and a 401K retirement account with matching funds available.
This is a full-time position based in San Diego, CA. We are seeking candidates living in the San Diego area. Relocation benefits will not be provided.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Nicole Martin, Director of Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Marketing Coordinator in your subject line. Within your cover letter, please discuss how your past experience and achievements will lead to success in this particular role for Population Connection.
Population Connection offers fellowships in Washington, D.C. for recent college graduates and graduate students with a special interest in population issues. Each fellow has a responsible role working with a specific department and becomes an essential part of that department’s staff.
Fax, email, or mail cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample (1-3 pages) to:
Attn: Fellowship Program
2120 L Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20037
Fax: (202) 332-2302 / Email: email@example.com
Fellowships are full-time. Compensation is $1,350 (before taxes), paid every two weeks. Fellows earn 3 hours of annual leave and 7 hours of sick leave per pay period. Full medical and dental insurance coverage is offered to fellows who are permanent residents or citizens of the United States.